California WIC Card
About the New WIC Card
The WIC Card replaces paper food checks and provides an easier way to issue food benefits, as well as improves the shopping experience for WIC families and grocers.
Each family will receive one WIC Card for all their family's food benefits. The WIC Card provides a more convenient way for families to shop for WIC foods and provides flexibility to get just what they need at each shopping trip. In addition, families will not lose their WIC food benefits if their WIC Card is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Shopping with Your WIC Card | Spanish
- Getting the Most out of Your WIC Benefits | Spanish
- Your WIC Food Packages | Spanish
- California WIC App Set-up Guide - Android | Spanish
- California WIC App Set-up Guide - iPhone | Spanish
- WIC Shopper Support Guide
- Stores accepting the California WIC Card ↗
- Farmers accepting the California WIC Card (PDF)
Before You Go Shopping
Your WIC Food Balance shows the foods and the amounts available to your family between specific dates. As you shop and use your WIC foods, your Food Balance will change. Be sure to shop for all the foods in your WIC Food Balance within the allowed dates.
There are many ways to find your WIC Food Balance
- Use the free WIC phone app on your smart phone myfamily.wic.ca.gov ↗ (Not supported on desktop)
- Get a printout at your WIC office.
- Look at your store receipt from your last shopping trip.
- Ask a cashier or customer service person at the store to print your WIC Food Balance.
- Call the toll-free number on the back of your WIC Card, 1-844-4MY-FAMILY (9-3264).
Lost, Stolen or Damaged WIC Card
You have a few options to replace your card
- Call or visit your WIC office to replace your lost, stolen, or damaged WIC card.
- Call toll-free number 1-844-469-3264 to report your WIC card lost, stolen or damaged. This phone number is available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you believe that your pin number has been compromised, please call the toll-free 1-844-469-3264 number to stop access to your card.