skip to content, health centers and clinics, search, accessibility statement

How to Access Mental Health Services

Important – if you or a family member are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.

If you are experiencing a mental or emotional crisis, call the County's 24-hour Access Line at 1-888-678-7277 (TTY 711) for resources, or call the Contra Costa Crisis Center at 1-800-833-2900 (TTY 711) for 24-hour crisis support.

Whether you or a family member is suffering from depression or anxiety, showing signs of autism, or struggling with substance abuse or eating disorders, we can help you get the care you need.

Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder services

All CCHP members may self-refer to the mental health providers in CCHP's network for an initial screening and up to seven follow-up visits (8 standard outpatient visits total). These can be telehealth (phone / video) or in-person visits. You do not need pre-approval or prior authorization from the health plan for these 8 visits. Just contact the CCHP mental health provider to schedule your visit. If additional visits are needed, your provider will send a treatment plan and request to CCHP to approve more visits. There is no co-payment or cost sharing for mental health services.

Finding a Mental Health Provider

Here are the different ways you can find a Mental Health provider:

  • Ask your primary care provider. They understand your issues and concerns and can often guide you to a specific therapist with whom they are familiar.
  • Search for a CCHP mental health provider on our website. You can search for CCHP mental providers using our online provider search tool or by downloading the list on our Publications / Member Materials webpage. All CCHP members can access mental health providers from either the Regional Medical Center (RMC) or Community Provider Network (CPN).
  • Call CCHP's Mental Health Line for help finding a mental health provider. Call 1-877-661-6230 (Option 4) (TTY 711 for hearing or speech impaired)

As always, when you call a provider's office, check to be sure they are currently accepting your specific health plan.

Autism & ADHD services

For autism or ADHD services, your PCP will need to send a referral authorization request to CCHP.