RMP - Chemtrade West Corporation - Richmond Works
Chemtrade West's Richmond Works is located immediately adjacent to the Chevron Richmond Refinery, one-half mile north of Interstate 580 and Cutting Blvd., on Castro St. in Richmond, CA and occupies approximately 40 acres. The Chevron Refinery to the north and west, Chevron Chemical to the east, and Santa Fe Rail-yard to the south borders it. The property occupied by Richmond Works is an industrial use area.
Chemtrade West's Richmond Works began operation in 1944 to serve the neighboring Standard Oil of California (now Chevron) refinery. This relationship still exists; Chevron uses fresh acid as an alkylation catalyst and ships the spent acid back to Chemtrade West via pipeline for regeneration.
For additional information regarding this facility's operations and regulated materials handled, please view the Fact Sheet - English | Spanish and Audit Summaries - English | Spanish.
Safety Evaluation of the Chemtrade-Richmond Works Facility
Regulated Substances Subject to CalARP/Federal RMP/ISO:
|Regulated Substances||Program Level||CalARP Regulated||Federal RMP Regulated||ISO Regulated|